Thursday, July 25, 2024

"Enjoy the Praise (A Triolet Poem)" from "I Have Known Love" by Devi Nina Bingham


      Enjoy the Praise (A Triolet Poem)

 

O that I could be as fair as the sonnet you have imagined me to be,

far daring and breathless in your pursuit.

O that I could be as fair as the sonnet

worthy of adoration, always astute,

 would you be forever worshiping me?

O that I could be as fair as the sonnet you have imagined me to be.

 

Shall I compare you to the harvest moon that leans far over as the rascal will, inquisitive in nature and captivating?

Shall I compare you to the harvest moon earning its acclaim by simply waiting,

its beaming glory the darkness fills?

Shall I compare you to the harvest moon that leans far over as the rascal will?

 

Enjoy the praise while it stays before the sun dampens the moon when youth grows into olden age.

Enjoy the praise while it stays, dance while the sonnet sings,

and celebrate life's honeymoon. Enjoy the praise while it stays

before the sun dampens the moon.

To read more poetry go to: www.amazon.com/author/ninabingham

No comments:

Post a Comment