Wednesday, July 24, 2024

"Destiny? (A Shakespearean Sonnet)" by Devi Nina Bingham

 

                                                                            

                                                              Destiny?

Though you and I are from countries strange,

imagined we a life to build. 

But this time, not to demand change

of she who charmed and held me thrilled.


The dream we dreamed shook us to our core

as we awoke to our final love. 

In seeing this, our hearts did soar

into the climbing clouds above.


"Your final chance!" said my worried mind,

"You must claim it now or never at all!"

I watched as you were so resigned

to time's cruel march of vitriol.


"If it's meant to be, destiny will conspire." 

Said she to me, "let's see what transpires."

No comments:

Post a Comment