Friday, July 5, 2024

"Without a Thought (A Shakesperean Sonnet)" by Devi Nina Bingham

                                                  Without a Thought


My home, my nest, my sweet, spicey abode.

Where my heart's at rest, my heart's at rest.

Safely tucked in a pocket that the sea bestowed

where I have been blessed, I have been blessed.


I don't have to see my mother, the sea,

I hear her voice foaming in the mornings.

Just to know she waits, she waits for me

and can rush right in, sometimes without warning.


A danger is inherent in every blossomed rose

when you pick a flower without a thought.

I have come to respect the ocean's highs and lows,

and to watch my fingers around the lobster pot. 


Lovers are the same, unreliable.

Nature is to blame, undeniable.




No comments:

Post a Comment