Tuesday, September 22, 2026

The Rainmaker by Devi Nina Bingham

When love reveals itself to you, undresses before you, and kneels to kiss you, 

water begins to flow. The earth responds by embracing the rain.

Like rain that soaks the earth, your tears fell upon me.

As a child holds no layers to protect itself, you came to Me.

And like the sky, I only knew to give all of my love to you.


As my arms encircled you, I began to rain.

I poured upon your bowed head all grace,

pouring over you like wine and milk bathing an idol.

For a heart can be broken open like the sky

that originates from a spring containing a single holy mineral:

surrender.


If you wish to break open, only walk to me

and hand all of you.

And not what passes for love, but light itself will pour out

wherever there is the eternal beauty of a surrendered soul.


You were made to be a gift, to give all of yourself, 

as the rain gives all of itself.

As the earth gives all of itself.

As the sky gives all of itself.

And this newborn heart will be mine and yours. 

And for anyone who wishes to sit at your feet as you sat at mine.


There is no mystery to being filled completely with love.

It can happen in an instant, just as it begins to rain unannounced

taking you completely by surprise, though you yearned for it.

Only bring someone with you next time.

One who has forgotten what it feels like 

to throw off their burdens and stand in the rain.

Bring one who is thirsty for a kind of bliss that breaks open 

anything hard or afraid. 

Of course I can do this for you, for I am the Rainmaker.


So wait for the rain. Ask for the rain. Beg for the rain to come,

so priceless it is. 

And when you are passed caring

and have told yourself, "It will never come,"

it will begin to rain. And rain. And rain 

until you believe again that rain is good for you.


Don't bring a cup; bring a heart that wishes to be a bucket

so all can drink.

Simply close your eyes, lift your hands, and say:

"I give myself to Love, to those I love, and to the whole world that needs love.

I surrender."

And the Rainmaker will do the rest.








No comments:

Post a Comment