Friday, April 1, 2011

S.C.R.E.A.M. Anger Management Tool


Anger Management Tool:  S.C.R.E.A.M

Angry expression increases anger (Hess, Kappas. McHugo & Lanzetta, 1992). Before expressing anger to another person, consider this acronym:

S- Self: How important is expressing your anger to you (on a scale of 1-10)?
C-Context: Do you have to express your anger immediately?
R-Receiver: Does the receiver “deserve” your anger?
E-Effect: What effect do you want to immediately achieve?
A-Aftermath: What will be the long term effects of expressing my anger?
M-Message: What is the best way to express myself to achieve my desired outcome?

1 comment:

  1. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    Employee Engagement Solutions

    ReplyDelete