Sunday, September 15, 2024

Golden Opportunity by Devi Nina Bingham


Just like the wind I move at will

and never stay too long, lest I

become a statue standing still.

I am a wanderer that prefers to fly.


Don't tie me down for I am a wheel

who longs to see more of the earth.

So tag along and bring your zeal,

the earth is ours and made of mirth.


Why be a tree when you can soar

above life's trivialities?

Besides all this, you're just a bore

espousing your sagacity.

The highest of humanity

are known to indulge their fantasies. 


Cast your cares and doubt aside

and be a fool who plays with me.

Leave your TV and come outside

where your soul can finally breath.


Remember, there's a child inside

who would rather play in the salty sea,

who would rather roam the countryside

then play grown-up and have high tea.


We all decide which "us" we will be:

a rolling stone or a steady rock.

And our hearts decide which will hold the key.

Be free for eternity

for this is your golden opportunity. 






,


No comments:

Post a Comment